Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Maybe I Won't Teach After All

I substitute taught yesterday for the first time in 4th grade here in town. All was going well until it was time to line up after recess and this lovely boy from another class asked me who I was.

"My Name is Mrs. Ahlstrom," I said.

How old are you? he said.

How old do you think I am? I replied.

"50?" He said.

"I look pretty good for being 50...don't you think?"

This is dedicated to the lovely punk kid who thought I was 50.


4 comments:

Nichole and Jeremy said...

THat is funny! But never take a kid's word...My first year teaching they told me I was 45... I was only 24.


I love kids! I didn't know you were subbing! So am I. If you ever need me to watch Carter while you are subbing I would love to do a babysit exchange??? I try to sub at least 1 time a week.

shelly said...

That was hilarious! Don't worry about it Claudia, you don't look a day over 49... Opps, I meant 29. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello,
What a cute blog. I sent you those pics, did you recieve them? Please let me know if I need to resend them!!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That is really funny. I remember when 30 seemed soooo old. Now I am like, 30 is sooooo young!