Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What Did You Learn at School Today, Ethan?



A day in the life of a Kindergartner...

Today, as I do everyday, I asked Ethan what he learned in school. Most days, he simply says,"I don't know...I can't remember." Today, however, he had 2 bowls of Lucky Charms cereal in the morning and somehow remembered everything.


"I learned about decomposers. The first decomposer is a worm and the second
decomposer is a cockroach. They eat leaves, banana peels, orange peels, other bugs, and sticks. The worm has no eyes, a light sensor, a huge mouth, no legs and five hearts. All of the worms in the whole world are boys and every worm in the whole world is a girl. They are all boys and girls at the same time!"

"Cockroaches feel scaly, smooth and a little bumpy. Every cockroach in the whole world is not a boy. Some are girls and some are boys. Both of the decomposers eat their dead friends to turn them back into dirt for new plants to grow."

"Ethan, that's a lot of information. Can I write down everything you told me today about worms and cockroaches?"

"Yea, I better sit next to you in case you forget something that I told you."

3 comments:

Tirsa said...

Maybe you can be a spokesperson for Lucky Charms. That was a pretty good plug.

annandclan said...

Way tooooooo funny! Make sure you tell his teacher.

Amy said...

wow! so they really do learn something even though like you said, most days they can't remember a thing. that's hilarious. Obviously all those bugs and dirt caught his attention :)