Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I LOVE THE 80's

Yes, our highly anticipated(by me) 80's party finally happened and we had a totally trippin' time. I regret that many of you couldn't make it, but we will do it again some time and the rest of you BETTER come. Words can't describe the "FRESH" people that showed up to party, so I will have to just share some pics.The food was incredible, I loved the bacon wrapped Jalapeno's and cream cheese. YUM!! Thanks to whoever brought those.


This shot is of many of the sexy chicas that wanted to strike a pose. A few of the others were in the kitchen having some chili.








Next, we had the 80's bride and the 80's prom Queen struttin' their stuff.














Eileen and Tony, the High School sweethearts, showed up with matching hickies they worked on prior to coming to the party. Then, there was Tasha with her brooch and "Talking Heads" style shoulder pads.












I want to give a shout out to my friend Trent who was our freakin' awesome DJ for the night. I even learned how to scratch( yes, I literally scratched up Trent's vinyl records). I thought I did pretty good until, of course he told me to go away.

Then there's the 80's snow boarder that showed up with Cindy. Isn't he FINE!
















Allie brought her Back to the Future Michael J. Fox look alike. Except he didn't show us his Calvin Klein's.


Michelle and Adam did some serious booty shakin' and Adam showed off his SHORT SHORTS.


Stephanie's date was this fine rocker dude that I've never seen before.

Notice the Fresh Prince of Firestone with Sam who went all out to carve lines in hair for the evening.

Ben did manage to capture a few grainy videos with his Blackberry.
So, I apologize for the crappy quality...but I bet the dancers are grateful for the grainy images!
Notice Adam in the last video... his footloose kicking lasted about three seconds when he realized he was being recorded. That's alright we got ya anyway. Good Times.

6 comments:

Marc and Ingrid said...

It looks like Ben gave lessons at the beginning of the party based on everyone's SWEET moves. One question, how many times did Ben request "Jump" from Van Halen? Ah, the memories of acting as the band and lip-syncing the song in our basement bedroom.

Marc (Ben's brother)

Blaine and Tirsa said...

thank goodness for grainy blackberry footage! I had a totally radical time!

Allie Thornbrue said...

Thanks for the fun party. We'll have to do it again some time--perhaps at our house.

LOVE the toilet shot of Carter! Better luck next time.

Elizabeth said...

Seriously!! We missed a great party! Hilarious!

The Graffs said...

That is great!!!! I loved the 80's and just laugh when I see pictures of us back then. My boys make fun of me when I listen to 80's music (even though they think some it is actually not to bad!!!) Looks like a lot of fun!!

Jolayne said...

I love love love your family shot at the top. So great.