Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Last of the Ahlstrom Garden




Last week we picked the last of our garden. I could totally do a VISA-like commercial about it. It cost way more to organize than the few veggies we harvested during the season, but we're hoping to get it planted sooner in the season next year, before all of our green tomatoes freeze!

Retaining Wall stones- $300
soil, vermiculite, manure- $100
Whiskey Barrel Planters- $50
Home grown vegetables- Priceless

Notice our mini watermelons that never had a chance. Alec wanted to play baseball with them and our mini cantelopes too. I said,"NO! I just want to look at them a little longer before we throw them away."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think I would have let the boys play baseball with the watermelons! Too funny!

annandclan said...

Too funny about wanting to play baseball.....sounds JUST like my boys! We are going to do a garden next spring.....I'll be talking to you to get some tips.