Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Toilet Training gone Awry!!


Easier said than done. I tried the Allie Thornbrue method of potty training Carter James two nights ago. We set up a stock pot, put a liner in it and a potty seat on top of that in the kitchen. Carter sat on it for 2 seconds, said, "psssss.....all done" got up and ran away. Well a few minutes later, he wanted to be funny and put the seat on his head and wandered around the house making funny faces.

About a minute after that, he ran over to me frantically crying because he'd gotten his head stuck IN THE TOILET SEAT!!Im not talkin' on the crown of his head. I mean totally through and around his neck stuck!!!( Sorry we have no pics of that...too much drama going on)How he did that?? Who knows. Carter finds a way to do all kinds of crazy stuff.

The other two boys tried yanking it in all directions as I yelled for Ben to come and help us. I admit, I was yelling and laughing out loud at the same time. I then said, "Do I need to call the Fire Dept?" Ben finally got nervous...shooed us all away and gently squeezed his head and ears out of the toilet seat. After a big hug from mommy, and a deep breath Carter finally said, "Potty seat stuck my head no more."

4 comments:

alison said...

I'm glad he's been safely extracted. It would be so awful to have to call the fire dept!

Jolayne said...

That little stinker (pun intended)!

The Graffs said...

That gives a new meaning to "get your head out of the toilet" and "potty mouth" doesn't it?

Brandie Lyon said...

I like the graffs comment. Very cleaver.