Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crafty Moments

Once in a while, I need to distract myself from the day to day chores and other responsibilities. The last few weeks I've been trying to keep up with laundry from our frequent trips to Idaho this summer. I figure the dirty clothes isn't going to go anywhere, so in between loads I've pulled out my sewing machine, ignored my kids and did something that I like to do instead of something that I have to do. I'll include pics of some little bags I made for some little friends and my $4.80 cent dress. Well, I guess that's just the fabric. Realistically it's my hundred dollar dress because it took me 5 hrs of energy and effort to make. Am I happy with it...yes. Will I do it again...I don't think so. I never knew that sewing a sleeve could be so complicated!!!

5 comments:

Jolayne said...

My kids keep asking, "Are you making another purse?" I'm thinking I might make lots!

Your dress looked great. Nice job. I think we just need a sewing day to work on whatever projects we want.

Amy said...

I'm so impressed! i will sew crafty things and clothes for my children but I have this fear that if I actually go through all the time and effort to sew something for myself it won't fit right. Your dress looks great!

alison said...

the dress looks great--but you're right--sleeves are a pain! bags are cute too!

Chris Kline said...

My wife has gone crazy! That's right, she's lost it this time. We have literally a dozen of those bags now and I blame you! :-) Pretty soon you'll see me at church with a designer man bag, I bet.

Haley L said...

No way! I'm so impressed. I tried making a pair of capri sweats once. What a joke. They are still half done 5 years later. You go, girl!!