Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School

Our boys couldn't be more different!!!

Alec was totally dressed including socks and shoes and breakfast by 7am this morning ready for his first day of fourth grade. He stood around watching cartoons for about an hour and a half.

My conversation with Ethan on the other hand went like this...

8:00am Claudia: "Hey buddy, it's time to get up and get ready for your first day of kindergarten."

Ethan: (rolls around on the bed) "UGGGHH" Oh, yea...I guess I was so excited that I forgot."

Carter on the other hand, thought he was going to kindergarten...he eased his way into Ethan's class and got a book from the shelf, sat on the carpet and started thumbing through it as if he was at the public library. I was tempted to leave him...just to see if the teacher would even notice him. But, Ben eventually dragged him out kicking and screaming..."My Alec....My Ethan...My brothers...find them!!!!!"



8 comments:

KrisJ said...

YAA school! Maddie and Kaden were both so excited we were all done and standing around by 7:30... made for a long morning!

alison said...

we were having a similar day. the boys--who know the drill by now--were up and going, but katie we had to drag out of bed, which is really unusual for her. Ryan found his 72 hr kit backpack and was wearing it around the house all day--i think maybe we should try leaving him and carter there sometime.

The Graffs said...

Yea.....school started for us too!!! Everyone was excited, but no one was more excited then me!!! Hannah is not a morning person, but did great(although it was only the first day). As for the eagle thing, no car is involved in that deal!!!

Brandie Lyon said...

Lyddie was very excited to watch Carter. I think she has a little crush on him.

Denise said...

Your boys are so amazing!! Diana is 15 now and getting older by the minute. I am so happy you are able to capture these amazing moments with your boys. I will forward your blog to my sister.

Nichole and Jeremy said...

Claudia your family is so cool. Can we come over and slide down your stairs?

Elizabeth said...

I was so happy too for school!! What a great birthday present! ;)

Jolayne said...

Is Carter still missing his brothers? Kristen has adjusted quite nicely to being the queen of the castle again.