Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Pooping Cat War Is On!


Okay, Ben and I have been dealing with the neighbors pooping cats for a year now. First, it was the sandbox now it is the grass!!! We tried to approach them about it last year and they denied it was their cats and said that there were other neighborhood cats that must be doing the deed. So, we invested in a $75 cat sprinkler that senses motion then sprays the little sucker. Well, it was great fun watching the cats walk along the retaining wall and get blasted by the sprinkler, as they looked around frantically to see who had caught them.

Now, we enter another chapter, the little buggers are pooping in my grass!!! When I witnessed it happen, I wanted to grab my shovel, scoop it up and throw it at my neighbors back door. My dad made me keep my cool and reinforced what the police officer had recommended..."take a picture to document the act." Later that day, as my parents were counting the number of stones we need to finish surrounding our garden...my dad stepped in it!!! Then he wanted to take a shovel and throw it at the neighbors back door!! So, I told him to keep his cool. The next morning, I caught the cat pooping and got a picture of it!! Oh , the JOY!! I gave it to our police officer and she confronted the neighbors with it. Of course they denied it until the cop showed her the pictures and threatened her with a fine.

For the last two days, I haven't seen the cat's out at all. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm really not a cat hater. What I dislike is scooping my neighbors cat poop so my kids don't step in it!!

6 comments:

Jolayne said...

Way to go Claudia. I'm guessing they won't be coming over for Sunday dinner any time soon.

The Graffs said...

That's GREAT!!!!! I love it when they deny it. We have an issue with a lady who loves to let her dog poop in our front yard. She carries a bag for show and then walks on after her dog does its thing (WITHOUT PICKING IT UP)thinking no one saw. I have seen her do it. Anyway....back to cats....oh ya you don't want to know my philosophy about cats (I don't want to offend any cat lovers)

Amy said...

iiiiiiiiiicky poo!

tamiz said...

LOVE IT!! I think Wendy Langston could use some advice from you!

KrisJ said...

O my gosh Claudia I am busting up!! That is to funny! Im so glad you caught them, we had that problem a few years ago so we got a dog! lol... the cats left and then we got rid of the dog! hehehe

Brandie Lyon said...

We had the same problem in Alabama.We found some stuff you sprinkle in the flower beds that's suppose to keep them away. Jake was a baby at the time, and he said to my mom one day," Those stupid cats, they always poop in our flower bed. I don't know why, I don't poop in their's". I think he was about 2 years old.