Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ben has Lasik Surgery...Finally!


This morning, Ben finally had the Lasik surgery we have been talking about for 10 years. He was finally able to retire the contacts he has worn for the last 22 years. Yeah!! He has researched various clinics in the area for about two months and finally settled on a place in Longmont called Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado.

The morning went pretty smoothly, in fact too smoothly for me. Our neighbors watched our kids for the morning and I thought I was going to have all this time to go to Einsteins Bagels, flip through books at Borders and go shopping at Kohl's all by myself. Well, I made it as far as Einstein's and through the front door at Kohl's before I looked at my watch and realized I had to be back at the Lasik clinic to pick up Ben!! So much for that time to myself I was eagerly anticipating. I think the whole procedure took 10 minutes. Needless to say, Ben ended up waiting for me to return to pick him up.

Here is Ben with his cool goggles and our feisty little Carter who refused to take a nap at 1:00 pm so he fell fell asleep watching Bob the Builder from 4-6:30pm this evening. How convenient Carter!

4 comments:

alison said...

OOh--stylin' with the goggles!

Ryan does the evening nap too--drives me bananas!

Kris said...

Oooo...all I've wanted for Christmas the last 10 years is LASIK...so jealous am I.

Amy said...

rock on! I totally want to do that some day.

go to this blog:
http://www.wilkinsonquints.org/blog/jaysonblog.html

and scroll down until you see the "Cheap Lasik" entry to see if you wish you'd saved a few bucks....it's a good read. The quints are fun to hear about as well.

Tirsa said...

I can hardly believe how simple that procedure is.

I enjoyed reading all of the funny things your kids say. Definitely conversations with little boys...Bella doesn't talk about teleporters or space, etc.