Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Basement Finish Part 1




I will heed Jolayne's suggestion and post some pictures of our basement project.
Last month, I started my new position as general contractor to finish our basement. We are finishing a toy room and bathroom and large closet. I have the luxury of overseeing the project as well as hiring the sub contractors and doing some of the work. My dad helped us out quite a bit when he was here last month. Yesterday, Ben and I worked on some electrical and I insulated 2 walls. I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself, even though I was all itchy and scratchy. The bathroom vanity sitting in the middle of the room will eventually go in the bathroom. Stay tuned for installment #2 after drywall next week.

3 comments:

Jolayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolayne said...

It will be so wonderful once it is finished - you'll just want to get the rest of the basement done too! Looks like you've got a second career in the works.

KrisJ said...

looking good! And boy is it nice when its all done!