Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Friday, February 29, 2008

So much for staying healthy this season

Lucky me there is no school today and I get to stay home with my three little crazies. And to make my day even better, I am going to the doctor to find out why I have this nagging pain in my chest. Just a few days ago, I was sharing with someone that my family had escaped the flu bug and all of the other illnesses that are going around. And as luck would have it, the next day my nose started running and I began to cough and hack. As I was lying in bed last night complaining about the chest pain, Ben offered to take me to the emergency room. "You're not having a heart attack are you? he said." "No," I said. "While heart disease is the number one killer of women...I'm not dying quite yet. It's probably something stupid like indigestion. Can you get me some TUMS? But, If I don't roll out of bed in the morning, you can take me to the hospital." Well, I lived through the night, but it still pains my chest to breathe and I'm gonna go to the doctor to make sure I'm not dying. We have plans to go to the temple tonight, but I don't think I should go if I'm going to contaminate everyone there.

3 comments:

Jolayne said...

Did you go to the doctor? Did you find out anything? Alec said you were coming for Primary today and looked pretty good when I saw you for a brief second.

KrisJ said...

So sorry to hear you guys arent feeling well. Hope you recover quickly, seems like all the bugs going around right now are pretty vicious.

tamiz said...

I hear ya... what a bad year to have a baby! We're doing all we can to try and stay healthy too. Saw you at the baby shower today, so I'm assuming you're better now!