Moments in Time with the Ahlstroms

Let the madness begin...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dinner Conversations


About twice a week I feel under appreciated by my boys when it comes to my efforts in fixing dinner. So, I pull out a simple meal like grilled cheese sandwiches or hot dogs etc. On this particular evening, I realized it was 5:00 and I hadn't defrosted anything yet. So I asked the boys if they would rather have Spaghettios or Ravioli (from a can). Of course, Ethan chose one and Alec the other. After I added the broccoli and bread with butter in an attempt to make the meal semi-appealing, Ethan gave me the sweetest compliment. I think.

Ethan: Mom, this dinner totally tastes better than it looks!!

Alec: Yea, mine too!

Claudia: Thanks guys. I will have to open a can of Spaghettios more often.

5 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

5:30 is perfect. What can we bring?

Ethan is such a sweetie!

Tirsa said...

Bella really liked this picture!

The Graffs said...

Isn't that the truth about being appreciated. I think my family thinks the dinner fairy comes every night and makes them dinner.

Elizabeth said...

Too funny!! Sounds just like Ethan..:) One can never go wrong with Chef Boyardee!!

Brandie Lyon said...

Dinner is an on going battle. The meatball looks like it has a face.